Preventive Maintenance on Streetbike SV1000S
Oil & Filter Service
Hi all you outdoor enthusiasts!
I have decided to tape one of my favorite chores (maintaining hobbies stuff! :)) hoping that any of you could use some valuable tips. The same week after I posted this on YouTube, I received a ‘Thank You’ email for this video as he needed basic information in his new bike! Make sure you watch the Part 2 of this video.
Please leave comments after watching these videos.
Every bike is different and unique, and it is a personal experience. Therefore, must be treated individually !
NOTE: Always revert back to your bike’s Owner’s Manual at all times !
Here are some important notes:
- This is a wet sump engine, therefore the Oil is contained in the motor and there’s no external oil tank on this bad boy!
- Oil Quality is a major contributor to engine performance and life !
- simple basic note: it’s a good idea to replace oil with FRESH oil prior to your next riding !
- For top performance, I highly recommend manufacturer’s product. And always revert back to your Owner’s Manual !
- Suzuki 10-W-40 motor oil
- MA Rating / JASO
- Choosing what is best for your bike is a personal choice. However, I recommend manufacturer’s factory products. Revert to your Owner’s Manual.
- Use: SF / SG or SH / SJ
in API Classification with MA Rating in J.A.S.O.
- For those of you who are interested to know what these are:
A.P.I. American Petroleum Institute
J.A.S.O. Japanese Automotive Standards Organization
- Helpful Tip: (use common sense)
- Step 1:
Be sure of platform, has to be leveled and free of debris and clutter.
- Wear protective gloves !
Spark Plug is now going to get DOWN & DIRTY 🙂
- Remove the Plastic Cover to access filter
- simple reminder: When removing these nuts & bolts, be sure to place them safely and secured, so when you try to recover them you know where to find them again !
- Removing the Oil Filter
- removing the oil filter, you’ll need ranch and ratchet
- Please watch next videos of Spark Plug showing how to Drain Oil and Change Oil !
Please watch Part 2 on YouTube HERE
Items you will need:
Oil drain pan
4mm Allen key
17mm drain nut
pocket / wrench
K&N filter KN138
2.7L 10-W-40 2700ml