Mojito, is originally a Cuban cocktail. It is made with rum, lime juice and fresh mint muddled with sugar served in a cocktail tall glass.
Mojito can also be used a marinade on meat, or seafood.
Here’s how to prepare your own Mojito Marinade:
- 2 shallots, peeled and trimmed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea or kosher salt
- Place shallots, mint, rum, lime zest, lime juice, honey, oil and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse until the shallots are finely chopped.
- Pour the marinade into a 1-gallon sealable ziploc bag for marinating 1 to 2 pounds.
- Ready to use for marinade your choice of meat or seafood.